I can't believe tomorrow is November 1st-- that marks the date we start listening to Christmas music in our home :) So, I better get my fall craft project ideas posted before time runs out for folks to make them and enjoy them through Thanksgiving.
2 X 4 Blocks
|Using 2 X4 scraps, acrylic paint, scrapbook paper and mod podge I made these blocks to spell out Fall.|
|A "graduated" 2 X4 block pumpkin.|
|I used some more 2 X4 scraps, paint, and a wood dowel to make some pumpkins.|
|Archiver's Accoridan Paper Pumpkin Project|
Rounded Paper Pumpkins
- Double sided 12 X12 scrapbook paper
- 2 brads per pumpkin
- paper cutter
- paper puncher
- ribbon or paper for stem
1. Cut 12 one inch strips of 12 X12 paper with paper cutter to make a large pumpkin.
2. Punch a circle at the bottom and top of each strip of paper.
3. Cut a piece of ribbon or paper to make a round stem.
4. Bind strips together by using a brad. Also adhere stem to pumpkin using a top brad.
5. Slide strips apart one by one to make a pumpkin shape.
Archiver's Accordian Paper Pumpkin Project/Tutorial
When I recently visited an Archiver's store, I picked up an instruction sheet on how to make this pumpkin decoration. It is adorable but it was a struggle to make with their directions. So, I decided supplement their directions with a tutorial video. This should make it much easier for you to create one if you'd like.
- Martha Stewart scoring board and scoring utensil
- paper cutter
- hot glue and hot glue gun
- 1- 1 1/2" paper punch (you will need 20 circles)
- eight 12 X 12 sheets of solid or coordinating double-sided scrapbook paper
- 1 sheet for the stem
View my uploaded Archiver's instruction sheet here and my tutorial movie below.
|Fall Bubble Burlap Wreath|
I was inspired to make this burlap bubble wreath by this tutorial at Today's Fabulous Finds blog. I again used pipe insulation to create the wreath but I wouldn't suggest it for this type of wreath. Some of my stick pins aren't sticking into the foam very well, so I would spend the money on an actual foam wreath, if I were to make this again.
And of course, a Grateful Banner
Here's the link to my banner/pennant tutorial to make your own.
So from our home to yours-- Happy Fall ya'll :) Now, enough crafting....I need to get back to cookbook typing, formatting and publishing!