According to my Mom, this recipe can be traced back to Aunt Verona. I basically use their same recipe with the addition of green peppers :) People love this salad and it is one of my most requested recipes.
This makes a fair sized salad and keeps for about 2-3 days.
- 2 1/2 cups of macaroni (rotini, medium shells, etc..)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1-2 cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of Miracle Whip or salad dressing
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of milk (or a little less)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
Boil pasta shells with 2 teaspoons of salt. Cook it al dente (according to package directions), drain, rinse with cold water and chill.
Add cucumbers, onion , tomatoes, and green pepper.
Toss with dressing and chill at least 2 hours before serving.