Friday, May 20, 2011

2011 Summer Bucket List

This summer I decided to attack summer boredom HEAD-ON before it even had time to fester.  In keeping with the goal of being "intentional" of my time with Josiah, I decided to create a Summer Bucket List of activites we will do together before the end of the summer.  I found inspiration for this idea at:  http://littlewondersdays.blogspot.com/2010/05/purple-summer-bucket-list.html.  I wanted the activities to be somewhat simple yet fun and unique activities to make our summer time together a more memorable one. 
I started compiling ideas for our bucket list about 2 weeks ago.  Of course, I found inspiration for many of my ideas on blogs and some activities were just ones I've been storing in my "bag of tricks" for some time.  After finalizing my list, I created a supply list of the items we would need to complete each "task".  I gathered most of the items up from my own crafting stash but we had to go shopping for a few items.  By making sure all of our supplies are gathered in one place, I'm hoping this will ease the work, burden, and/or excuses of completing (or not completing) each task. 
The above pictures show nearly all of the craft items required to carry out the "crafty" tasks and I will be storing those in a specific clear plastic container for the summer.  Whereas, the food  items are typical part of my normal pantry or refrigerator items I keep on hand at all times. 
I read Josiah the whole list of activities so he would have a general idea of what to expect.  However, in order to create an element of surprise about each day's task, I decided to print our list on one sided scrapbook paper, cut them into strips, fold them and place them in our special yellow bucket. 

Each day Josiah will randomly select an activity for us to do :)  He is most anticipating our bowling outing and making sun catchers.  Today, he selected the task to put together a 500+ piece puzzle, which was a perfect activity on this cloudy, windy and drizzly day.  

1 comment:

  1. I love how you have everything gathered and ready to go, Becky. It would make it so much more enjoyable and much more likely to actually do it!

    ReplyDelete