Wednesday, June 1, 2011
What's for dinner? Steak! **Marinade Recipe**
His favorite cut of beef is a steak and I have the yummiest marinade recipe for grilling up the perfect steaks this summer. One of my favorite things about this marinade is the longer it marinates the better it is. Ideally, the steaks should marinate for 1-2 days but the steaks still have a great taste to them if you only allow them to sit for 3-6 hours.
It's an ingredient intensive marinade but trust me....it's worth it!!!!! It makes the steaks so tender and savory!
I prefer to use this marinade on sirloin steaks. But, it also works great on ribeyes, strips, and t-bones. This recipe is intended to marinate 2-4 8 oz. steaks.
One last tip-- when making marinades, I find it easiest to mix together my ingredients by placing a large, heavy duty plastic bag inside a plastic bowl (a Cool Whip plastic is ideal) to keep my ingredients from spilling out of the bag. I know you can buy bags that have flat bottoms for this purpose, but they are too expensive in my opinion. Furthermore, marinating and clean up is super easy because you just have to flip-n-shake the bag every so often and throw away the bag when you are done.
Savory Steak Marinade
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp gound black pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp liquid smoke flavoring
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1. Place a gallon sized plastic bag inside a plastic bowl to mix all the above ingredients. Once all ingredients are placed in the bag seal the bag and squeeze, flip, and shake the bag to thoroughly mix together all the ingredients.
2. Place steaks inside the plastic bag, seal the bag, and squeeze, flip and shake the bag to coat and rub in liquid into the meat.
3. Refrigerate and marinate for 1-2 days.
4. Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
5. Grill steaks 7 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Discard leftover marinade.
Let me know your family's comments and feedback if you try this recipe!