Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Boohoo....Yahoo....Back To School Brunch


While I was recently browsing online I came across a school website advertising a back to school gathering just for moms.  They called it a "Boo Hoo! Yahoo! Party"--isn't that clever?  As a mom I dread saying goodbye to my son for 8 hours a day, but on the other hand I also look forward to the freedom of not having him tagging along as I run errands, etc... 

I knew I had to "steal" the idea and decided this would be the perfect way to reconnect with my fellow girlfriend mommies, as well.  So, I threw together some invitations, mailed them out and started planning a menu.  Today I hosted several ladies for my first "Boo Hoo! Yahoo! Party."  I definitely plan to make this an annual event!

Here's a look at the food I served and a link to print out all the yummy recipes.






The best part is that we are going to start meeting monthly to reconnect AND craft together!  I was given the distinct honor of hosting and organizing our first gathering.  :)  I'm so thrilled! 

2 comments:

  1. thanks so much becky...it was PERFECT!! i love eating with you! oh and chatting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job! How could anyone not have fun and not want to get together again with such a beautiful spread! Darla

    ReplyDelete